You get the sense DangerMilana is a unique law firm when you learn that A. They’ve created their own board game, and B. They invite your dog (socialized and well-behaved, naturally) to their events. The firm, which specializes in areas of importance to creative individuals – entertainment law, intellectual property & copyrights, and estate planning – is holding a series of free workshops to discuss legal issues relevant to artists, inventors and entrepreneurs.
You can join attorneys Deborah Danger and Jenny Milana on upcoming Fridays as part of a free workshop series, with discussion and refreshments starting at 6:30 PM at their Allston, MA office. Here’s the upcoming schedule:
- Protecting Your Work with Copyrights, 4/23/2010, Come learn about the basics of copyright law and how your copyright can generate more income for you.
- Digital Works in a Digital World, 4/30/2010, In the digital world we live in, come learn about the importance of inventorying and how to keep up with advancing technologies.
- Protecting Your Work with a Will, 5/7/2010, We’ll discuss how important an estate plan is for the creative person’s work and the effects of not having a plan in place.
- Contract Drafting, Negotiating and Reviewing, 5/14/2010, If your work is hanging in a gallery, whose responsible if your work is damaged? We’ll cover questions like that and more for many of the different industries.
- Running a Business as an Artist, Inventor or Entrepreneur, 5/21/2010, Learn about which business entity best suits your goals, financial needs and envisioned format of your venture.
- Board Game Testing, 5/28/2010, Come test the firm’s new board game! There will be prizes and candy!
All events take place at 6:30 PM, at DangerMilana, 119 Braintree Street, Studio 416 Allston, MA 02134. You can also drop in or call each Friday between 4:30-6:30 for a free, private and confidential 15 minute consultation. (And yes, you are encouraged to bring your socialized and well behaved dog to the workshops.)