Happy New Year! ArtSake is a resource for individual artists, and place to explore issues of interest to artists creating new work. Here’s what we asked artists in 2017.
- How do you approach art-making during times of emotional distress?
- What do you strive to avoid in your art?
- What is your greatest need as an artist?
- How have mentors affected your art?
- Which work stands apart from the rest of your portfolio?
- How does your art’s subject shape the process of making it?
- What common artist advice do you find useless?
- If you could convince artists to change one thing about the way they approach organizations for opportunities, what would it be?
- What’s something people often misunderstand about your art?
What would you like us to ask in 2018? Let us know.
Image: Evan Morse, SEB AND CLAIRE ILLEGALLY STREAM A MOVIE (2016), Hydrocal, pigment, 9x18x15 in. The artist participated in the discussion What do you strive to avoid in your art?
Leave a Reply