We recently updated the Gallery@MCC, our online gallery featuring Artist Fellows and Finalists, with work samples by 2013 awardees. It’s always a privilege to share this work, which gives a hint of the extraordinary diversity and excellence of work being made in these parts.
A snapshot of the recently added work…
- In Crafts, virtuosic embroidery by Daniel Kornrumpf and the fantastical architecture of Jay Rogers‘s structures
- In Dramatic Writing, a reckoning of witch trial accusers by Liz Duffy Adams and a grim picture of a New England mill town by Ben Jolivet
- In Film & Video, Amanda Bonaiuto‘s astonishing animation and Luis Arnias‘s engrossing, observational work on 16 mm film
- In Music Composition, the rich textures of Tamar Diesendruck‘s mixed ensemble work and Lou Bunk‘s fascinating, deconstructed toy piano piece
- In Photography, Rachel Loischild‘s haunting photographs of the aftermath of severe weather and Greer Muldowney‘s architectural portraits of Hong Kong
- In Sculpture/Installation, Rosalyn Driscoll and Sarah Bliss‘s stunning dance/video/sculptural collaboration and Amy Archambault‘s installations exploring athletic culture, childhood play, and home improvement
Media: excerpt from SPIRALING WATER by Georgie Friedman; still from DZIAD I BABA by Basia Goszczynska; Keiko Hiromi, PORTRAIT OF KATYA (2012), Archival Digital Printing, 16×20 in; Laura Baring-Gould, RE-SOUND (2011), White Pine, Steel, Fabric, Felt, Sound 12ft H x 17ft W x 83ft L.